Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am being accused of sending malicious texts and emails to

I am being accused of sending malicious texts and emails to someone, can I ask the police to investigate who is impersonating me?
Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: No
Assistant: Where did this occur?
Customer: Over the last 4 months
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Have you been interviewed yet?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I haven't been interviewed or contacted by the police. I have been sent texts and emails from a lady who has accused me over emails. I have been to the police to report harassment but I've been told it's not harassment because I have replied to her emails. I replied to tell her it wasn't me sending anything to her. I have no proof of these anonymous emails or texts that she's been receiving but she's accusing me and telling everyone we know that I've been doing it. If she is lying about receiving anything can I report her? Or if she's telling the truth and has received texts and emails can I ask the police to look into who's doing it?

If you report the fact that someone else has been pretending to be you, then yes the Police can investigate.

There is no duty in law for them to do so, as we know with burglaries they just give you a crime reference number.

But yes, if you report it they can investigate the matter.

It is a crime, so I would speak to the Police. It may not be top of the list, but is worthy of an investigation.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.