How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16780
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

If I have food poisoning and I’m due for scentencing in a

This answer was rated:

If I have food poisoning and I’m due for scentencing in a few days what do I do
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None as yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Did you admit it or was it after trial?
What injuries were suffered?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi I have had a trial and found guilty

What injuries were suffered?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can’t afford that

What injuries were suffered?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i was accused of driving whilst disqualified
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you help or not ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Waste of time money scam

Ok. Do you have medical evidence you are unfit to attend Court?

I did say at the outset that this is an email service. I am not here, eagerly waiting just for you to reply.

I have other questions to also attend to, so every time you post over and over it goes to the back of my list.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can get a medical letter

If you can get a letter, it MUST SAY you are UNFIT TO ATTEND COURT

If it does not say those words then it will not be adjourned.

But you need to apply to Court, with evidence say you can not attend and the reason for it.

The letter should also say how long you are unfit for

But assuming you get this, then you can apply.

The Court, if it has not done so already, can apply an interim disqualification. If you were a conviction of driving whilst disqualified there is a mandatory ban.

As such if an interim ban has not been imposed it can be.
You need to make sure you are not bailed to attend and any adjournment is considered before.

If it is not, or its turned down you must attend otherwise you commit another offence.

So assuming your letter says unfit to attend, you can ask the Court to put it off to another date, ie the week after.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I was found guilty I was bailed to attend court to be scented. So if I get a letter from the doctor saying I’m unfit to attend court they will adjourn it for another date ?

They should, yes.

But you need to make sure its granted before you dont attend. Otherwise its another offence.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Can I assist with anything else today?

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you