JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I have received a draft Financial consent order and I would

I have received a draft Financial consent order and I would like someone to take a look to confirm that it is ok to sign?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Kent, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have mutually agreed a split of equity upon the sale of our house with no claim to anything else such as pensions, inheritance etc
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you this evening.

I presume your ex has a solicitor and they have sent you the draft consent order.

If you could please upload it using the paper clip symbol and I will take a look for you.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I will send it over to you now. Thank you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please see attached

Thanks, that is a standard consent order and clearly the main issue is the split of equity with the house. There is also a clean break so you have no further claim once the house has been divided and sale proceeds distributed. Again, a standard clause for a split of the property. There are not hidden items in that order and you are fine to sign and return it.

If you have any other queries please let me know as I am more than happy to help.

I hope this helps – if you can please rate the answer by clicking the 5 stars (the top of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
That is great. Thank you for your help. And yes I will add a 5 star rating.

Perfect, thank you very much and have a nice evening.

Jim