JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

FAO: Back to previous question, thanks and accepted that

FAO: Jim
Back to previous question, thanks and accepted that they are bypassing their lawyers. But, putting that to one side for the moment, why would they want to meet in person (I am litigant in person) at a place of my choosing, just me and a lady director without solicitors. I said ‘do it via email’ and she is incessant we meet face to face. Any idea why face to face rather than email or letters correspondence etc, or even I suggested WhatsApp or Skype for text chat. Any clue?

Hi, this is Jim.

I have no clue mainly because in the 10 or so years I have dealt with such cases, no party has asked that so I find it strange. She risks her lawyers terminating their agreement with her which would mean she has no more legal representation. They would also bill her for the time spent on her case with the defence.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks Jim, I’ll ask around a bit more. You’re fab!