ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

Is it worth having your own solicitor for court with section

Is it worth having your own solicitor for court with section 4 public order. Or use the duty solicitor that will be there on the day?
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Outside a pub at Conwy, North Wales
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I've contact one solicitor and they said it's only a small offence and should just take the duty solicitor, but another solicitor said to go ahead with him. Court date is in 2 weeks yesterday so would like a better idea really what action to take
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am guilty of the section 4 oublic order i take that on my shoulder. But there was a reason behind it all.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. I would always recommend that if possible you get your own solicitor in advance of the hearing. This way they have sufficient time to understand you and the reasons as to why you breached the order. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can you please explain what does public order section 4 (1) and (4) mean and what will i need to prepare myself for at court

Ive actually attached the link to the sentencing notes which answers your questions and is really worth a read. - https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/public-order-offences-incorporating-charging-standard

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thanks. So you would advice to get a solicitor even if I'm guilty of the action.

Yes. I would always suggest you have representation.