ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

I have a court hearing with regards to being able to have

Hi i have a court hearing with regards ***** ***** able to have parenteral responsibility coming up this Friday and after reviewing the court paperwork i have noticed that i have note submitted a statement. I have already done a dna test and we have to proof that the child in question is my daughter. I just wanted to be able clarify if the not submitting a statement is significant or not?Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ive already had previous court appearing and in the most recent period i have had a probation period with regards to consistency and I have been seeing my daughter every Sunday.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Everything else has been agreed with regards to what days I can see her. The only thing my daughters mother didnt want was parental responsibility even though we have already done a dna test and we have proof and have accepted that im the father.

Thankyou for your help.

What is the hearing listed for?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Child arrangements order.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Im sorry but I dont receive a good reception where I live.

I know that. Is it a DRA or a final hearing?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Its a final hearing

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. If it is listed as a final hearing then you really should do a witness statement. Setting out really what you area seeking from the court. You should also send both to the court and the other side as soon as possible. You should get PR from what you have written above. I have to help you further attached a link to a book which should help (you can also download the book). https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks, this date has now passed as the hearing is this Friday. I haven't received anything from the other party so it appears that this is something that was over looked.
My final question if you dont mind is that surely with proof of the dna test and the fact that I am a normal citizen without any convictions, is it safe to say that this shouldn't affect the outcome of something like parental responsibility?

The DNA test is absolutely key which is why I consider you'll be successful. My concern is that the court can and do adjourn hearings without statements and I wouldn't want any delay for you. I hope this makes sense. Please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thankyou very much.

Pleasure. Please rate 5 stars