ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

I have lent an expensive hockey stick to a friend who now

I have lent an expensive hockey stick to a friend who now says it was a gift and refuses to return it. what rights do i have?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: somerset uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: corresponded via message stating it was only lent and i need it back
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. I would be minded to formally write to them (an email or a letter) advising them that unless they return the item within say 7 days then you will be left with no option other than to issue court proceedings at the small claims court for the value of the items - you can bring a claim at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

My pleasure.

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
this has answered my question, many thanks