Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

My credit card company used a middle man to collect payments

My credit card company used a middle man to collect payments from us, we never failed a payment but the middle company missed/delayed payments to creditor. The main creditor put a default on my creditor score. This has effected my personal life. I have 4 children and I am unable to get credit anywhere and if I do get credit, the interest is so high. When I spoke to creditors, and middle man, they blame each other. I have ways been a good payee. Why should my creditor score be affected due to company not making payments on time to main creditor. This has really stressed me out. If it wasn't for the default, my credit score would be excellent which has always been the case. I have bank statement to prove it but Ceedit Card company don't want to deal with it
Assistant: Where is this? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: This is in London, UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I spoke to the complaints department and they just wrote back and told me they can't do anything.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This has caused me a lot of stress on my mental health. My car broke down and I am unable to buy a new car on credit because of this default. I want compensation for the stress this Credit Card company has caused me and my family. I want my clear credit score to go back as it was.

Hello my name is Ross and I may be able to help with this matter.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hello Ross, how can you help?

I will just write my response up now if you can give me a few minutes... thank you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you Ross. I'm new to Just Answer.

Firstly, you will want to collate as much evidence as you can to show that you have made all the payments. You will then want to approach both agencies and state that if they wish to blame each other then that is fine, however, you are not liable for the mistakes which have been made and you can ask for them to have your credit score adjusted accordingly. However, if this does not prove to work then what you will want to to do is approach the credit agencies directly. You will have to show them as much evidence as you can to show that you have made payments as and when they were meant to be paid and the error is not with you. If you can do this then the credit agencies can amend your score. Do bare in mind that noting to do with credit is set in stone and as long as you can show that the fault does not lie with you then you can have it corrected. Furthermore, if you can prove (by way of evidence) that you have suffered financially due to the error of the other companies then you may be able to make a claim against them for losses. However this would require to be assessed in depth by a local lawyer who you can show the evidence too.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you so much Ross! I will do as you advised.

You are welcome and I wish you all the best getting a resolution with this matter.