Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I am a multitrack claimant litigating in person and claim

I am a multitrack claimant litigating in person and claim was sent to a district court uk. We had a CCMC arranged which has now been vacated due to me applying to strike out the defence due to lots of false statements.The court has ordered a hearing for the application in 3 months time or so and there is a note saying the court may change.How likely is it to change? Where to? And why?

Good evening

The court may move the hearing to a neighbouring district court within range of the parties addresses if the hearing can be listed there more quickly than at the court where the action was started.

If there are any further points kindly reply I will be happy to respond.

Otherwise please either click accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi. Thanks. Guess what I was trying to say was the case was all going on ‘as normal’ (assumed, never done this before) but now they have lied a lot to court - does that now warrant a more serious court? We were just with a a district judge near my local town.

Hi, a district judge is moire than capable of sorting out who is telling the truth.

Moving the case to another court is for efficiency purposes

Best regards

Michael

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks very much.

You are welcome

Best regards

Michael

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi can I ask your thoughts about submitting an Interim payment application? How long would it take and how likely am I I to get it? Many thanks! (Sorry I cant start a new question for some reason)

Your chances of success depend on whether the defendant is accepting liability, that is that they are at fault.

If they are saying they did not cause the problem they will never agree an interim payment.

If they accept fault but are disputing the amount of the claim they are likely to agree knowing that if they do not you can apply to court for one.

Best regards

Michael