Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

Received a final hearing today which i felt was flawed,

received a final hearing today which i felt was flawed
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Huddersfield uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none but will like to appeal
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can i appeal against the judgment

Hello my name is Ross and I can help with this matter.

Before I advise, can you provide me with some further information. What was the final hearing in relation to? What was the decision and on what grounds are you looking to appeal. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Financial settlement in a divorce case. It was 24 years marriage felt judge ignored all evidences of financial contribution and solely based her verdict verbal lies articulated by applicants barrister. Even denied me pension sharing

It would be difficult for me to comment as I do not know the ins and outs of the case. However, there are specific laws in relation to divorce settlements and it doesn't quite boil down to who has paid for what over the years. However, in law, you cannot simply appeal a decision which has been made because you do not agree with the outcome. You can only appeal a decision if you feel that there has been an error in law in the judgment. As I said, I cannot comment on what you potential argument would be as I do not know the facts of the case. However, you could instruct a local solicitor (or your current solicitor) to review the judgment and if they feel they can argue that the law has not been correctly applied then they could appeal the design. This is not an uncommon thing to happen and judges generally do not have an issue when their judgments are appealed. However, as this requires a working knowledge of the law it is highly advisable to instruct representation. Additionally, you can see if you are either entitled to legal aid, or alternatively see if one of the law firms local to you (or bigger ones in the nearest city) would give you a free review and/or consultation before you look at paying out to go back to court for this matter. I do hope that you can get a positive resolution for this matter.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I did not have a legal representation

I see, if you are looking to make an appeal then I would highly recommend instructing legal representation. As stated above, some firms will offer a free consultation which can provide you with inflation in relation to the strength of your claim. I sincerely with you all the best moving forward.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Many thanks Ross

No problem, all the best.