How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6364
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I've been served an non molestation order but my ex partner

This answer was rated:

Hi I've been served an non molestation order but my ex partner has lied in it I'm on universal credit and cant afford a solicitor what help can I get
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No I havent hes sent one in 2 gain access 2 the children
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Birmingham
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

How can I help with this? Do you have a date to go back to court?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
17th december I need 2 no can I get help with this I'm on universal credit so cant afford a solicitor do I need one or can I have my own say in court

You don't need a solicitor - you can represent yourself in court.

You would be best to prepare a written response to the allegations, going through everything, so you can give this to the judge at court - it's easier than having to try to remember everything you want to say and also having to respond under pressure at. court.

Is there anything else I can clarify for you at this stage?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
do I just state what is lies and things like that

Exactly - and if you have evidence to prove that the allegations are false you can mention this too.

Once you have put together your statement, we can look over it for you.

I hope this helps?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank u
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank u 4 yr help

My pleasure.

If you have further questions, or you need things looking over, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you