Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I was arrested from my home on Saturday 30th November 2019

hi, i was arrested from my home on Saturday 30th November 2019 after an argument with my wife. we had some friends over for food and drinks on Friday night and after they left we were tidying the kitchen and then my wife argued with me. We both had some drinks and were both very tired. She has been recovering from injury's from an accident she had in the home early November. During the argument she hit me and from what i thought happened I slapped her back which is what i said in the police interview but did state it all happened so fast. I did not have much recollection from the night but a few days later i started to remember things. I am certain did not hit slap her but smacked her hand away as she went to hit me again. This is the first time anything like this has happened. After this i walked out the kitchen and then heard heard crying and screaming in pain. I tried the hold her and comfort her and at this point she called the police. I'm assuming she hurt herself or fell over again somehow as her injury's from her previous accident got worse. the Police came and arrested me around 3.30am and then took me to the station. I had an interview around 2pm on the Saturday and then sent me back to the cell until they released me on bail conditions even after i told them my wife would be all alone. I did not have a solicitor present during this interview. I told them that i had been caring for my wife after her accident all the way and she has no one here to help her.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i am in crawley, west sussex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none, ive been so scarred and just want to be back with my wife as ive been so worried about her. Ive been told not to contact her or go home so i have been staying in hotels since.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they gave me a 28 day bail with conditions
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
What can I do to stop all this.. just want to be home with my wife so I can care for her

Ok, if you slapped her in the back that is an assault.

When are you bailed back to?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry that might be a typo. I never slapped her in the back.. I recall slapping her hand away After she tried to hit me again. The police told me during the interview she a black eye which I did not know
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Bailed till 28th December 2019

Did she make a complaint?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Worse thing is it’s our anniversary this Monday, our first Christmas together in our new home and I can’t even see her or go home
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
As far as I know she didn’t make a complaint

Who called the Police?
Someone must have given a witness statement.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
She called the police and I don’t know why.. it was stupid argument which I have no idea what it was about. As far as I know she has not given a statement as during the interview they asked me what happened but I based the story on what I thought happened at the time
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I scared as I wish I asked for a solicitor at the time but now they have done this I don’t know what to do.. this has all been blown out of context in my opinion

So she must have given a statement?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I honestly don’t know as I can’t speak to her and no one has been in touch with me. Can’t even go home to check the mail

Ok - nothing you can do.

She is a witness to the Police. The Police control the prosecution.

You and she has no say.

As such if she made a complaint, the Police run the investigation from that.

You can only contact her through the Police, nothing else.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No thank you.. thanks for trying to help.

Pleasure. Can I assist with anything else today?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No just the initial query I had.. thanks and have a good day

All the best. If I could invite you to rate me 5 stars before you go today by clicking the button at the top of the screen, so the site credits me for the time spent. I am only paid when you rate. if you need further help please click reply. Thanks in advance.