Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I lost a substantial amount of money to a stockbroker called

I lost a substantial amount of money to a stockbroker called FSMsmarts.com. I contacted Roshental Law and have been working with a Dr Olsen there. In August of this year, allegedly he took them to court in Switzerland and won a settlement for me of £217,400. This money was then lodged in an account in Cyprus, but before I could access it, some 6-7weeks later, apparently FSMsmart lodged a counter claim and Roshental Law is now looking for additional money to fight the case. Even though this case was billed as no win no fee, I was asked to pay £20,000 once the case was "won" and another £10,000 to the Cyprus bank as a service charge. Effectively, I have paid Roshental Law in access of £30,000 and they are now looking for more money. Could you please advise?

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Do you have their contact details including website?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Roshentallaw.com

I would be concerned. They don't even own their domain name

It is owned by Cheapnames.com

As such I would be concerned about paying more money.

It sounds like a scam to me. You should pay you will pay into Escrow

If they refuse you know its a scam.

Escrow hold onto the money until they do the work. If they wont do it, then you know for sure.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.