Miles Bentley
Miles Bentley, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), CPE, LPC
102609820

Please can anyone let me know what clause 7:2 is about Does

Please can anyone let me know what clause 7:2 is aboutDoes that tell tennent should find an alternative tenant to end the tenancy agreement

I am sorry to learn of your situation.
I am a Qualified Solicitor with over 19 Years of experience in the UK.
I am currently reviewing your question and shall revert to you shortly.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.

Can you kindly provide me with some background information, together with confirmation with what outcome you wish to achieve?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have got fixed term contract two years. My circumstances not allowing me to carry on the contract. I want to get terminated early. But my landlord is insisting I can't unless otherwise I find an alternative tenant. 7:2 Does that tells that?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I gave 3 month notice based on 7:0- 7:1

Thank you for the clarification.

I am assuming that you are beyond the first 3 months of your tenancy otherwise you cannot give notice until that point in time.

If this is the position then you will need to wait for the first 3 months of the Tenancy to expire and then you can provide the 3 months notice from that point.

If you have gone beyond the 3 months of the Tenancy then you can give 3 months' notice as per clause 7.0. however, you are duty-bound by the terms of clause 7.2 and thus will have to pay for those charges incurred by the landlord.

If you do not pay the same it is most likely that the Landlord will take Court Proceedings against you and in all likelihood will be successful in obtaining a judgement against you, for those charges under clause 7.2 that are judged to have been reasonably incurred in the opinion of the Court.

If those costs are below £10,000 then the matter will be dealt with in the Small Claims Court, if they are over £10,000 then they will be dealt with in the realms of the Fast Track of the County Court.

Therefore, in short if you still want to leave then your best option is to find an alternative tenant so as to keep the Landlords costs to a minimum of changing the tenancy.

I hope that assists. If you need a CALL to discuss and more in-depth advice, then please let me know.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5-star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question.

Best Regards.

Miles.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am ready to pay the cost
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am ready to bear the cost. Still am I legally liable to find an alternative tenant?

No, you are not legally obliged to find the Tenant but bear in mind that the Landlord will hold you responsible for as long as they are unable to find a tenant to take up a new tenancy at the property, and this could be up to the full extent of your 2-year Tenancy Agreement.

I trust that clarifies the position, would you kindly provide me with a rating by clicking the stars at the top of your screen.

It was my pleasure to assist you today.

All the Best.

Miles.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
After 3 month notice then tenancy agreement want get end according to you

Apologies, there appears to be a misunderstanding.

If you give a 3 months notice and pay the charges in accordance with Clause 7.2 then the tenancy will come to an end and there should be no further cost to you.

If you do not abide by clause 7.2, leave the property and not in accordance with clause 7.2, then the Landlord could potentially charge you the full extent of the 2-year tenancy agreement, if the landlord is unable to find another tenant.

So in short if you follow clause 7.2 then there should be no extra cost to you.

I trust that assists, please don't forget to provide a rating by clicking the stars at the top of your screen.

It was my pleasure to assist you today.

All the Best.

Miles.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Section 2:0F of the agreement as below.

agreement can only terminated early by mutual agreement between the parties subject to clauses and conditions relating to suitable alternative tenant found.

I gave notice on 9 of sep based on 7:0-7:2.. As long as I cover the cost for finding a tenant I have no issues.