Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Im currently being investigated for possesion of inecient

im currently being investigated for possesion of inecient imaged that was sent to me(nothing i went out to seek.) my case has been sitting with cps for over a year and this is the second time being investigated for the same offence. is there and statory limit in which the cps have to respond by ? my case was already no firther actioned once
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: it has nothing to do with family courts
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

No. No time limit at all.

Some offences are time barred after 6 months.

This is not one of them.

So no, there is no limit.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
is there any way i could take this to court have have it dismissed ?
to go into detaisl at the time of the offence i was 14/15, i was on an populor online chat forum and was sent some indecent links which also downloaded viruses and content. being the young age i was i didnt know how to deal with it. i was already released once but a new office wanted to reinvestigate? my point i would make to the courct is im an 19yr old christian who is looking to become a pastor, been on missioanry trips ect but i didnt activly go out my way to recive this.

At this stage no. I assume you were interviewed and told the Police what happened?
Given its been going on for this long, they will probably drop it.

But if you call and chase it, they may just charge.

So let sleeping dogs lie, I am sure no further action will be taken as iot has been so long.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for your answer, at what stage would you surgest i could go to courct to have them drop this?

you are right i have been interviewd ect and i am just awaiting for cps to make a decision, its already been over a year so how long would you surgest i leave it till i should chase anything up, it sounds like your saying the longer it sits the better.

No......

Its not at Court. So just leave it be.

Otherwise, they might just charge you.

Does that clarify?