Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have been involved in a road traffic accident which was

I have been involved in a road traffic accident which was not my fault. The insurer deemed it a total loss and have recovered my car and given me a settlement figure which I accepted then sent off my v5 document to DVLC I now have confirmation I no longer own the vehicle. They have come back to me now to say the car can be repaired and this was an internal error. Where do I stand now do I have to take the car back even when they told me not to drive it and it was unsafe? Thanks Kelly
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None thought I needed advice but they r now trying to retrieve my car from where it was taken and plan repairs to then return it to me
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don’t think so

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Just to be clear, it’s not in your possession, the vehicle?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No they have taken it for salvage and I have confirmation I am no longer the registered keeper
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry mobile is missing a 0 shud b 07506744669 thx
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Whe should I expect your call ?