plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I have recently split with husband. We've only been married

Hi I have recently split with husband. We've only been married 1year and 6 months and he wants to file for a divorce which is fine I do want a divorce but I can't afford it right now! If he files for divorce will I have to go along with this and pay my part?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No nothing has been done , he has only recently told me wants to get divorced now
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Warwickshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so no

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

If your Husband petitions for divorce then he has to pay a petition fee of £550. If he does not use a solicitor then this is the only cost (apart from a consent order / clean break order if finances are agreed).

Are you asking if you need to share the £550 fee?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok well my husband moved out of out of our social housing house so it's rented a months ago or so now and now everything is in my name on the house so it's my property. And he has moved all his stuff out and gone back to his parents. It's just myself and my daughter here now. But I recently found out he has been stalking my house and taking pictures at early hours in the morning of friends I've been having round my house and he thinks this will help his case when filing for a divorce so I am confused on how he thinks this will help with the divorce as he said I would have to pay half, but I can't pay half as I don't have the money or would I be forced to pay half?
We split on mutual grounds as we were not getting along there was alot of verbal emotional trauma on my side and out marriage just got toxic and having a daughter I decided enough was enough and for her sake and my own I said our marriage was over and he was fine with that and moved out.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Please call me on 01789 842263

Sorry, I can’t take a call at the moment. As you have asked for a call I will opt out for another expert to assist you going forwards.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok have I been charged £44 for the call back and when will I get the call?

Hello, my name is Peter, I’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm happy to arrange the call with you, we can fix a time to speak in the morning - let me know when you are free.

plclegal, Barrister
Experience: Barrister at law
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hello Peter, I am free to chat this morning between 6 and 6.30 or I later on at 4.30 pm when I am back from work.
Many thanks Leanne

Thanks Leanne - I'll be able to call this evening when you are back from work - around 6pm I think.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
That's would be great if you can please do you have my number 01789 842263

Thanks - and yes I have your number. Speak later. Peter

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi Peter I am just making sure they you are still calling this evening as Iv got to pop out this evening

Yes just about to call now.

The non-molestation order information and application form is here:

Form:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/688175/fl401-eng.pdf

There is no fee for the application.

There is also an explanatory leaflet here which may assist:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/domestic-violence-injunctions-under-the-family-law-act-how-can-it-help-me-fl700

You can possibly get a fee exemption if you are on low income/have low savings. You would need to fill out a fee exemption form (http://www.gov.uk/get-help-with-court-fees).