SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

Is any lawyer available at the moment? or they gonna respond

hi is any lawyer available at the moment? or they gonna respond tomorrow?
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: north london
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: My landlord tries to evict me but she did not protect my deposit on time and i sent compensation letter
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My landlord tries to evict me because I refused the increased rent and my deposit was not protected on time.
She protected it 2 days before my contract finish and I sent her a compensation letter.
She replied back to me that I have done damages in her flat that does not exist and she told paid gardener for my garden and is not truth as well.
Also she finds excuse that my deposit was in her dad account and her dad dies 4 days after my contract and did not know that was not protected
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Also she sent all the documents at the end of my contract and she asked me to sign them without to explain me what is that documents and when I should sign them

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

What notice has been served on you? If you have a copy, please attach using the paperclip.

What documents did she send you? Are you at the end of your contract already? Have you signed a new one or are you on a periodic tenancy?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
She did not serve me any notice because she protected my deposit late.
She has to return my deposit back to serve my notice but she did not return it as she finds excuses that I have done damages in her flat and that is not truth.
I will upload documents .
My contract is finished

I can't view that type of document - please turn it into a PDF or a JPG

Are you still living in the property?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes I still living
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What do you think about my deposit it was not protected?
Can I get compensation even if she says her dad died and the money was in his account?

There is nothing your landlord can do now about the deposit - she failed to protect it, no matter what her reasons, so in order to serve notice on you, she has to return it first. If she doesn't return it, then her notice will be invalid and she won't be able to evict you from the property unless you fail to pay rent or cause damage, or some other reason that she can serve a different type of notice on you for.

You can certainly make an application to the court for the return of your deposit plus a penalty payment - it will be up to the court to decide whether to award you one or up to three times the deposit amount as a penalty payment against the landlord. However, court cases are long and stressful and as your deposit is now protected, you might consider requesting its return from the protection scheme it is in once you leave the property. You can't ask for it back before you leave - but you can go to court over it before you leave.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
my deposit is not protected anymore she asked me to give it back and I refused as I told her that I sent compensation letter.
And now wants to have inspection in the house but I did not make any damage.
The only thing I have done was to put curtains over the windows and should make holes on the plastic frame above the window
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Did you check the documents?
These all information, I received them too late.
The only I got at the beggining was my contract.

Who has the deposit? Why is it not protected anymore?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The landlord has the deposit.
I dont know why is not protected anymore and she doesn't return it to me

the documents signed in retrospect don't matter in relation to the deposit. THe law is clear the deposit has to be protected, so if the landlord has not returned it you can sue.

Please accept and rate positively using the five stars at the top of your page as that is how I am paid for assistingyou. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok do you believe because i make holes to put curtains is that damage?

Your last question is not really related to your original question, but I will answer it after you have rated positively, four or five stars.