Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I paid for a course and I have not received what they told.

Hi ! I paid for a course and I have not received what they told . I asked them about a refund but they did not paid attention to me I have no idea what I can do about it
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I m living in Croydon
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I spoke with someone from there. He did not mention if he is manager or something like that but he is the guy who gets meeting with the customers. For 2 weeks he said i get a email about it But nothing I received
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No That s all
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Welcome to JA.

Did you purchase the course online and if so did you request a refund within 14 days from the date you paid for the course.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I did not pay it online . I went there and I signed the contract or whatever is it. I asked and I mentioned them less than 14 days. But they ignored me saying the manager is not there so I need to come back later
I got pictures with the contract and also a meeting conversation (video for 10 minutes and their reaction) if that helps.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I was there twice at the meeting but i the only thing I received was " we will send you an email shortly "

Thanks for the information.

When was the course meant to be delivered to you?

Further at the time the contract was entered into did you make them aware that the course had to be delivered on the date in question?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
It was an English course .
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Here are the paper I signed
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Basically I started the course . In the beggining of the time they mentioned 2-3 days a week so I paid when I heard that
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Once i started it was not true . It actually was 5 days a week , that means I jump over 2-3 lesson every week so I can not keep up with the class.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
It was an English course by the way
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
So I asked them " why did you mention you have class for 2-3 days a week when the only one is 5 days". Because I could not keep going with that(because of the job) I asked them to get my money back
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I sent around 5-6 emails also I got 2 meetings face to face and they inform me just to wait . Basically that s all

Thank you for the information.

Based on the information your rights lie within the consumer rights act and regulations.

It appears they provided misleading information which induced you to enter into an agreement. This conduct amount to an unfair trading practice. Therefore where unfair trading practices are established you can seek to unwind the contract and recover your money back and in certain circumstances you can seek to recover further losses that was caused due to entering the contract.

Further arguably the description given to you before you entered the contract does not match the description of what you actually received when you then entered into the contract, therefore this arguably a breach of your consumer rights.

Do you understand what i have stated so far, if yes i will proceed to the next step

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Perfect . So what should i do NexT ?

I suggest you write a letter and email to the organizer explaining how they provided misleading information that induced you to enter a contract. Further the course description given before you entered the contract does not match the what is delivered after you entered the contract. Please also remind them that their actions amounts to unfair trading practice and also breaches your rights within the consumer right act. Consequently in accordance with the law you wish to cancel the contract and you require a refund within 21 days.

Notify them that in the event they do not provide a refund and/or a response to your request you will consider filing a complaint with the financial ombudsman and trading standards.

I hope i have clarified the position, if not please let me know.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
In any case I do not receive any message from there where should I go ? And what is the next step?

And ALSO what should i mention in the letter? I

I suggest you consider filing a complaint with the ombudsman and trading standard if you do not receive a response to your letter.

I suggest you write a letter and/or email to the organizer explaining how they provided misleading information that induced you to enter a contract. Further the course description given before you entered the contract does not match the what is delivered after you entered the contract. Please also remind them that their actions amounts to unfair trading practice and also breaches your rights within the consumer right act. Consequently in accordance with the law you wish to cancel the contract and you require a refund within 21 days.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
That s briliant
Thank you a lot

Your welcome

Please before you leave JA tonight please rate the answer by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.