12826847

My brother is on remand in manor way london prison can I

My brother is on remand in griffin manor way london prison can I call the prison and get to talk to him as he has no family contact numbers
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United Kingdom London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We got a lawyer hired he gave only information of the prison my brother is held his prison number and that he is in for threat case but we still haven't met him his hearing is on 11th december also the layer said if you want to meet him you have to pay more money which we don't have
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The fees as we can not afford to pay because both my parents don't work

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

pay money to whom exactly?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We gave the lawyer £600 and he only told us which prison my brother is held his prison number and that he is charged for threat but if we want to meet him before his hearing we need to pay more money and if we want the barrister to fight his case in court which the hearing is on 11th december 2019 then the cost is £1500 which we don't have.

are you sure you want a call as it will increase costs? if you do then i will call asap as i am unable to at present - please reply so i know - thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please don't ring I can't afford it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I hope I have't been charged £44
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I rather explain everything here
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi are you there

I am about to go underground will reply asap

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please don't charge me £44
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am waiting
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi I am still waiting for your reply

Like I said, I was underground. Ok, you need to email customer services for a refund on the call. But I'm not sure what your question is?