12826847

If found guilty in crown court of GBH or ABH, is there a

If found guilty in crown court of GBH or ABH, is there a maximum amount of costs I would have to pay? Also maximum fine?I’m presuming court/CPS costs could be substantial in preparation etcI am quite solvent. Thanks

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could we discuss it here. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you need me to clarify anything else, please ask.

My pre tax income is around £14,000. Though I have assets exceeding £1m (property, cash and stocks) and no borrowings.

I am electing a trial as I have pleaded not guilty.

it depends on the complexity of the trial but costs application for GBH never exceed £2800 even for the higher level. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. Is that the fine or costs?

If there is a 4 day trial costing £10,000’s, I won’t be paying costs exceeding around £2,800

Costs orders for GBHs lasting 4 days are usually no more than £2800

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for confirming this. I couldn’t find the answer anywhere on google. But when I added “£2,800” to the search found it.

Really appreciate your response. Thanks.