How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK Solicitor John Your Own Question
UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1319
Experience:  8 years legal experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK Solicitor John is online now

I am registered disabled with multiple conditions. All of

This answer was rated:

I am registered disabled with multiple conditions. All of which I am under hospital consultants and my gp. I have neighbours who are accusing me of benefit fraud. But they do not know my medical history. Can I do anything legally about this.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in an area called Old Coulsdon. Which comes under South London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None. One person has been reported for various things against me to police and council and has had final warnings which I am happy about. The most recent person is her friend who lives oposite me and does not even know me personally. He has only listened to gossip.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have Marfan Syndrome, had 2 hip replacements, have osteo Arthritis, Psioratic arthritis and osteoporosis which has caused a fractured 7th vertibrae. Also now COPD. All provable.

Hello and welcome to the site.

It all does depend on the severity of the accusations and if it amounts to defamation of character and/or having an adverse effect on your life. So example, if they are spreading rumours and lies about you or posting untrue things up on social media etc and it is having an ill effect on you then yes, you may report them to the authorities and sue them.

My advice at present is to keep a record and document all things which have been said about you just incase you need to take further action.

I hope I have assisted. Please take a moment to provide a positive rating. Thank you. John.

UK Solicitor John and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you