How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK Solicitor John Your Own Question
UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1319
Experience:  8 years legal experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK Solicitor John is online now

I just want to know how to complain the builder if they done

This answer was rated:

Hi I just want to know how to complain the builder if they done the wrong
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nottinghamshire
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If the builder ignore me what can I do?

Hello welcome to the site.

Can you explain what has happened please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The plumbing fixed the bath on last week , but I feel the bath is moving when I using it , called him but he’s ignored me , want to know what can I do ?

How much did you pay for the works? And do you have his address?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
163;1300 I have his address

Ok thank you.

The plumber would be liable for the negligent work he has done which is below the standard expected of a reasonable and prudent plumber. You can try calling him one more time but if he ignores you then these are the steps you need to take.

Send him a letter in writing advising you want your £1300 back. Explain in the letter you want the refund because he has done the works to a poor standard. Give him 7 days to refund you your money and advise him if doesn’t refund you your money in that time period you will issue a claim against him in the small claims court. This letter is called a Letter Before Action (LBA)

If he does not respond then go to this site

On this site you will be able to issue a claim against him, you will need to pay a issue fee but this amount will be recovered from him. Due to what has happened it is likely you will obtain judgment against him and you will also be entitled to interest from the date you issue until the date judgement is awarded. The interest will be added onto the amount you are claiming.

It is possible when he receives your LBA he may respond to you as he doesn’t want you to issue against him in court, so sometimes the letter works. But if not, then once you get your money back just instruct a different plumber to help you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I would be grateful for a positive rating by clicking the stars above. Thank you, John.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks �� your great ����

You’re welcome. Please return to the site if you have any further issues. And do take a moment to provide a positive rating by clicking the stars at the top of the page before you leave the site. I would be grateful. Thank you, John.

UK Solicitor John and other Law Specialists are ready to help you