Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

Assistant: How can I help? I received letter from my ex

Customer Question

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My name is***** received letter from my ex partner solicitor that he would like to pick up our kids this Friday and have them over the nigh till Saturday evening. It's all started on Christmas day when we did argue and then he left the house after about half an hour his mum sister and sister in law came around to the house and asulted me fiscally and verbally and was trying to take the kids away from me I call police and they escorted as in safety from the home the point that the kids are still scared to go any near the house I also don't trus him to be with kids on his own he never was taking to much time in bringing them up not sure what to do please can I have some advice thank you so much
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No court is not involved in it
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Cheshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He also a fisicallyabuse me before but I never reported it
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

Hi How can I help?

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

The law states that the child’s father and mother equally have parental rights and the court would look to encourage this. If the child’s father continues to be abusive or causes you and your children any harm, you must report it to the police and press charges and look to obtain a injunction so that you and your children are protected. The Non-Molestation order can be made without notice - need to attach a statement and supporting documents to file your case to the nearest family court.

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

You may be able to obtain free legal representation and qualify for legal aid. This will depend on your savings and income.

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

You can also apply for a Chid arrangements order if you both cannot agree contact arrangements. You would need to attend mediation first before you can apply to the court.