12826847

Hope someone out there can help. I walked out of work on

Customer Question

Hello,Hope someone out there can help.
I walked out of work on Saturday morning due to repeated incidents from a service user which I felt was putting others at risk. Some of the outburst have caused injury to other service users and staff, with what feel no appropriate action being taken.
On the day in question I have now received a letter from the employer which states they are I investigating allocation of common and verbal assault.
The day in question as this service user was heading and screaming at another service user I linked arms with the violent one and lead him away abruptly while another staff member lead the resident that was getting shouted at to a safe place. To me what I did is defence according to the criminal justice act, it was reasonable force to use when others are perceived to be in danger. Am I right in thinking this?Please help I am panicking, upset and it's doing nothing for my stress related recovery
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

How long have you worked for this employer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have worked for them almost 3 years as a senior carer

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Apologies I just realised I dealt with you before and told you to submit a separate query for the criminal part so I will leave this question and allow others to answer it

Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

Hello.

How can I help with this please?