Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

Me and my partner have tried twice now for him to come over

Hi there, me and my partner have tried twice now for him to come over from South Africa to the uk for a short trip to meet my family on a Visitor visa but been rejected both times. I am wondering the best way to go about him visiting me in the uk. As he just moved house in South Africa and to a different province he doesn’t have a job there yet and the main reason the visa failed was because they do not think he will return to South Africa after 5 months as he has no ‘ties’ to South Africa and no income to support himself at the moment. I hope you can help. Thanks
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: we have applied for a visitor visa twice, I live in Scotland and have uk citizenship
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visitor visa?
Customer: Not yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi How can I help?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi there, me and my partner have tried twice now for him to come over from South Africa to the uk for a short trip to meet my family on a Visitor visa but been rejected both times. I am wondering the best way to go about him visiting me in the uk. As he just moved house in South Africa and to adifferent province he doesn’t have a job there yet and the main reason the visa failed was because they do not think he will return to South Africa after 5 months as he has no ‘ties’ to South Africa and no income to support himself at the moment. I hope you can help. Thanks

Do you have a copy of the refusal letter?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yea both I will attach
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
These are both refusals
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The second one is the most recent

Thank you I will take a look

There are a few concerns here - how a fresh application can help. It is important to provide his financial and personal circumstances. You must also provide evidence of contact - emails, whatsapp, financial remittance etc. The length of time of the visa (5 month's) appears to be very long and they are doubtful that he may not return.

You should also prepare a Sponsorship Declaration from your side - which will also assist you application. Thank you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, what further information/ documents can he supply for financial and person circumstances? And does a sponsorship declaration need to be written up by a solicitor?

Does he have any bank statements - income tax returns, savings, letters from parents to say he is visiting you etc.

You can also do a invitation letter if not a Sponsorship declaration.

You got to make sure you address the concerns raised in both refusal letters. Good luck and all the best

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive feedback by clicking on the above and press submit - thank you

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit. Thanks