plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I was wonderingif you could give me some advice ive been

Customer Question

hi i was wonderingif you could give me some advice ive been given a prohibited steps order based on a emergency application where my ex has put on the form that this is because she alleges that I take drugs and there has been domestic violence and child abuse which is all lies. how would I go about providing all my evidence to the court and what angle can I go about in protecting myself in this. social servicesare involvedalready and she was given by them something that she has to follow in order to prove she is looking after the kids in the best way.
Assistant: What steps has she taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?
Customer: yes a prohibitedsteps order
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: yes a court date will be set 7 days from now
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes she has been sending me threading texts and harassment and when speaking to the kids on the phone emotionally manipulating them
Expert:  plclegal replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and will do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly.

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 months ago.

OK -are you able to provide evidence to the court that the allegations are false?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is there a procedure to submit evidence to the family court or can u show up with it on the day? I.e voice recordings and abusive messages
Expert:  plclegal replied 7 months ago.

]You would need to provide a statement detailing the contents of the recordings and with print outs of the messages.

You can take the original recordings to court and offer to play them to the judge if they need to hear them.

Your statement also needs to set out all evidence you want to submit to make your case and refute her claims.

It is best to send this into the court at least 48 hours prior to the hearing, with the case number ***** marked for the attention of the judge dealing with the case. You can give her a copy at court on the day.

Can I clarify anything for you at this stage?

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 months ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Can I assist you further with your question?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 months ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 6 months ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 6 months ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 6 months ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 6 months ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter