Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I don't have an employment contract, only a letter of

I don't have an employment contract, only a letter of engagement they gave me 5 years ago. I am leaving the company now so how much notice do I have to give?
JA: Was the employment contract issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Not at all just never given and I didn't ask for one. It is mentioned in the engagement letter.
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's fine

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Please clarify what is mentioned in the engagement letter; your notice period?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The engagement letter doesn't mention notice period at all just welcomes me aboard hours of work, salary etc
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
no thank you

OK and has your employer asked you to work any notice and if so, how long?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
he's mention 5 weeks I have been here 5 years but I want to star another sales role asap.

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. Under law you only have to give them ‘at least one week’s notice’. The 5 weeks they mentioned is only if they are the ones giving you notice. However, as long as you give them at least a week, you have complied with your legal obligations and there is not much they can do to stop you from leaving.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Yes thank you very much it was very helpful.

All the best

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I will definitely use you again .

Many thanks and you are always welcome back