Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Assistant: How can I help? I am looking for help ro deal

Hello!
Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am looking for help ro deal with some agency who done many manipulations to involve people to work with the and also..took some money about what not done noone job what promissed.And also not return returnabla deposit on my credit card how promissed.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Where should I go for help with my question?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am waiting when they will return my money on my card.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I not done noone step.Do not know where to go first with this fake agencies work question?

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Please explain your situation in some more detail. What agency and what have they done exactly?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hello Ben!

Hi there. Please provide the information requested

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I sign up for some modelling agency..to go for test shoot.There was some agent who called me eaxh day and promissed how successful I can be with jobs .how many clients is interested in me..so I just need to come to test shoot and if its success i am getting work stright away.when I agree about test shoot..I get to know its 50pound refundable deposit after shoot.So I made my deposit and went to shoot.After shoot there was other person director of Capital Models..who taking you in private room and started to tell how good you been and they want that I am work with them.After it they telling that here is my photos..but I need to pay around 1300 to be with them and get good aftercare and contracts After I am telling that no no way..this money I can not pay..they asking 650.After I am telling again that no this money I have not.They starting to manipulate with person ..that how good looking you are..how quick you can earn.What you done on your age..like nothing.I will earn it back in few days and so on.Othervwise they deleting these pictures.And we forgetting about it.After some very long discuss and manipulation they ask how much you are reasy to pay and they will offer me all aftercare..work search and pictures aswell..and with portfolio..retouched.prepared the best photos .I told 300pounds if there is really work from them..if they manipulating so good..so think they really know how to get a work.after it they get data of my card..took payment.After day I called agent asking about everything whars happen and my depositm.They promissed to return it in week time.Its almost third month now..its not back..I did not recieve prepared photos..not sae my portfolio and there was not aftercare and they not answer on emails and phone calls.
Main agency who doing this bad way of work is Capital Models!!!

What could I do? BEcouse they are talking one..and promissing a lot..but not doing nothing.I told tge that I am waiting my money back and want to finish this Than they lost!
Thank You!

Capital Model Info Team
A: Capital Models London | Old Gloucester Street, London, WC1N 3AX
E: [email protected]
T: 0207 1909 825
W: www.capitalmodel.co.uk
Instagram: @capitalmodelldn

How long ago was this?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Shoot happen on 12gh of October.They sign some paper..like contract for 1 year.But generally They lost in first month..Booker changed 2 phone numbers..and now is not reachable...and not sended not final retouched photos not my deposit..and also not answering to noone of my questions aswell.

Thank you. If you cannot get them to refund you or compensate you in some way, you may have to look at taking more formal action yourself to do so.

If a party wishes to pursue another for financial compensation arising out of a dispute between them, they can do so by making a claim in the civil courts. As legal action should ideally be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve lawyers or the courts. These can be summarised below and it is recommended the following procedure is followed to try and progress this matter further:

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party must be sent a formal ‘letter before action’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time, usually 7 to 14 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for the compensation in question. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.

3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. Once the claim form is completed a copy will be sent to the other side and they will have a limited time to defend it. Once they are aware that legal proceedings have commenced it may also force them to reconsider their position and perhaps prompt them to contact you to try and resolve this.

As a final tip, it is always advisable to keep copies of any correspondence sent and received as the courts would like to refer to it if it ever gets that far.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank You so much for your help.I will try my best with some extra letters
Thank U a lot!
Regards,
Sanija

All the best