Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

What is the time limit for making a TVT mesh claim? UK,

Customer Question

What is the time limit for making a TVT mesh claim?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 19 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer. However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 19 days ago.

If this is a vaginal mesh surgery claim, the injured party (Claimant) has three years from the date they knew or reasonably ought to have known that they had sustained an actionable injury.

Clinical Negligence is very specialist and complex. I would instruct a specialist firm like Irwin Mitchell, Slater and Gordon or Fletchers who may be able to act for the claimant on a no-win, no-fee basis.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 19 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
If a GP has only recently confirmed that the symptoms are due to the TVT surgery, does this mean that the 3 year rule starts from the time the GP formally confirmed the symptoms are due to the surgery?
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 19 days ago.

Yes, I think that the court will take the date that the Claimant was advised by her GP of the cause of her symptoms as the date when the three year limitation clock began to count.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 16 days ago.

Do you still need expert assistance in this matter?

Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

LawyerEd