Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I need to know if a small contract between myself and a

Customer Question

I need to know if a small contract between myself and a person i loaned money to is legally binding
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: none yet, i just want to check to see if the contract is legally binding before taking potential action
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer. However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

It appears that you have a legally binding contract against the debtor and your cause of action is in debt. Contracts do not need to be written down and signed by all parties before they are binding. You should retain any emails or text messages proving the contract. If they do not pay you back within the terms of the loan agreement, you should issue county court proceedings or a statutory demand for the full amount.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Excellent, thank you Ed

I am delighted that this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd