Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

If police seize goods for evidence, are they required to

Hi, if police seize goods for evidence, are they required to return it the station where they made the initial arrest?
Assistant: What were they charged with exactly? Are there any upcoming court dates?
Customer: my good goods are being returned and the station they are asking me to pick it up from it too far for me to travel
Assistant: Where did this occur?
Customer: the case has now concluded
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: So they are returning the goods

hi,

I am reviewing your question.

Anything else you want to add?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, just that I’d like them to return my goods to the police station where they ceased my goods (which is the nearest to me as I can’t afford to travel to go and pick it up from where they want me to pick up from). Case has been to court and his now closed, so police has contacted me to give goods back

I apologise. It out of my expertise.

I opt out you for other experts to help you.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Hi thank you for your message, unfortunately the police are not obligated to return it to the same place. If you have been notified to collect your property and fail to do so then after a certain amount of time (often 28 days, but may vary from force to force), the property will be disposed of, either destroyed or sold at auction.
I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney