UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I just joined some IT project and I'm going to sign their

Hello.I just joined some IT project and I'm going to sign their collaborators' agreement.
Can I have solicitor's feedback if my (collaborator) interest is well protected? And what needs to be added to the agreement in case it's not.I cannot attach the document here but will do at the next step.
Perfectly I need it by the end of the week.Thank you.

Please upload it here using the paperclip icon.

I may not be able to review it until Monday though and once I look at the document, I would be in a position to let you know how much the review will cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry for the delay. I've been on holiday.The request is still valid.
There are 2 documents involved:
1. collaboration agreement - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s-DJS0UfAEBEJjsB2AcCw0czqu_1fE5L/view?usp=sharing
2. vesting agreement signed on company formation - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ijKEtIQSJiYBXwZxKQNQ_GI1A4Z_qv0G/view?usp=sharingCouldn't find the paper clip icon so sharing with google drive.Thanks and regards,
Marcin

Please explain in detail what you will be doing and will you become a shareholder?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm a developer that just joined the project and for now, I'm not paid for my work, just register my hours in the timesheet. As I've been told when the project is completed the company will be set up and I should get some shares or equity in exchange for my work. The agreement should give me the confidence this is going to happen. This is why I need the agreements review to make sure I'm safe and what needs to be corrected in the agreement if neccessary. What are the risks etc.

I have had a quick look at the documents and in my view, they are basic and are not detailed enough to cover all possibilities and scenarios which may arise.

The documents should be drafted by a solicitor if possible.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Doesn't mean it doesn't give me any warranty and I shouldn't deal with the project until the proper agreement is prepared?

It would be advisable to have a proper agreement in place before you commence work to protect your position.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Great thanks! 5 stars well earned :)

You are welcome, thank you.