How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15144
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I need legal advice. in my opinion my son was treated badly

Customer Question

I need legal advice. in my opinion my son was treated badly at school. it was removed and the appeal was not stitched.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bristol
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I appealed against the decision
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to make an appointment on Monday or today
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 months ago.


Thank you for your query. What exactly is your question in relation to this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I wanted to ask if you could help my son with his college situation, he has been accused of being involved in a violent fight but he hasn’t and they have no cctv footage or anything kind of proof only, as they say, “witnesses”, also they have suspended him for the reason at start being that he has been witnessed in a bigger fight that happened after the one before and in college which now they’re saying that they didn’t suspend him for this because they checked the cctv footage and have said themselves that He wasn’t involved so now they’re only option is to say he was involved in the fight before, which he wasn’t
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 months ago.


Thank you for your query. Have you filed a formal complaint with the School?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
An appeal right?
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 months ago.



Customer: replied 7 months ago.
we did file one not long ago but the principal denied it and said that he does not accept that you have grounds for appeal because you have not presented any evidence or made any points that weren't considered at the Disciplinary hearing, but that’s what the teachers were saying on the disciplinary hearing
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 months ago.


What action have they taken against your son?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Suspended him and want to transfer him to another one of their colleges And also banned him from the course he was doing but we don’t want to do this because we feel like he has been treated unfairly because his other mate that did the exact same things and has been brought back into the same college building and doing the same Exact course and now they still want to transfer him
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 months ago.

Ok. I think you should file a complaint against the college with your local education trust. They should investigate.

If they do not provide a satisfactory response, you may wish to consider taking legal action.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks