12826847

My partner suffers from Mental health issues which she made

my partner suffers from Mental health issues which she made known to the police whilst being transported in an ambulance to hospital. she wasn't offered once an advocate which it states under their own legislation that she should have. is this a breach of the human rights, mental health and equality acts?she also had a panic attack whilst in police custody which caused her to collapse and cause some injuries to herself including concussion. she was alcohol dependant at the time and was sick with withdrawl symptoms e.g being sick etc! she was mocked by the custody sgt after she told him of her combat ptsd and that she may have suffered from a miscarriage. he stated that "he'd heard it all before!" I am in the process of writing a complaint as we speak and just needed some info on where we stand with it all.

Hello again,

Thank you for requesting me to respond to your new query, unfortunately it is not an area of law that I deal with, so I am unable to assist. I have referred it back to the other experts to see if someone else can assist you.

Don't respond to this message or you will end up back in my list.

All the best.

it isn't a breach of equality or human rights act but interviewing her without an appropriate adult if one was needed might cause the interview to be excluded at court.

As far as the words said to her by police, we all know the reality; police officers do tend to be fairly unsympathetic and cynical.

Don't complain though. It is really not worth it. it never achieves anything and sometimes it can be very damaging as they do take revenge sometimes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Am I able to request all the body cam and custody suite cctv along with the interview discs under the freedom of information act?

You can request it but they won't provide it as it cant be redacted and it relates to the detection of crime.

However, she would get it during the course of the criminal prosecution anyway if this is a point she is taking.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you ��

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Experience: Over 5 years in practice