How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15035
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

Please can you advise how I can urgently get my home address

Customer Question

Good morning,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Please can you advise how I can urgently get my home address moved from google today. It appears on the companies house register for a dissolved company and they would remove it without a court order. We have had our dog and car stolen in separate incidences and our 11 year old son was targeted yesterday and threatened with physical harm.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: they wont remove it without a court order.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we tried to speak with companies house and have started the process but they say they cannot change legal documents which I understand. We really just want them to remain off the web search engines
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we are being targeted by the travelling community -
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 5 months ago.


Thank you for your query. Generally, you can make an application to Companies House to remove your address from the register. The following link provides further details:

However, if the company has been dissolved, you will need to make an application to court to change a register and until this is done, your address would, unfortunately, still appear.

You will.need to instruct a local solicitor to make an application to court for you.

I am sorry if this was not the answer you were expecting.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks