Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

In August 2019 I payed £399 to jaguar for cover of damaged

In August 2019 I payed £399 to jaguar for cover of damaged paintwork for three years.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: newcastle jaguar says I did not pay for this cover now after months of asking for a full refund and saying that I go to the small claims court they now acknowledge I did pay for this cover. I have received no email, or documentation. They have offered as a guested £140:00 I requested a full refund. They will not give a full refund. Can you advise
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just about to fill in the forms small claims court. Prior I I have sent email and phoned.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What is my legal rights

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

What have they based this offer on?

and what reason have they provided for not wanting to give you a full refund?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
They say it’s for me to contact premier solution, which is the company which insured the policy. I have not had any contact with this company. And as jaguar dental of any payment being received from me. I have my bank statement as proof of payment

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. If you paid for the cover and were denied the opportunity to use it and were always told that no cover existed, you can indeed consider pursuing them for the full refund. As you cannot force them to pay you, they are correct that you have to take them to the Small Claims Court to try and recover the full amount. I am hopeful that once you submit a claim, they may reconsider their position and perhaps offer you a better settlement, or the full amount as it will cost them more to deal with the case. So for now all you can do is proceed with the claim, which you can do online through www.moneyclaim.gov.uk as it is cheaper that way than doing it through paper forms.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your advice, £5:00 well inverted if I need any further assistance I we’ll contact you. Derek Stafford

No worries and all the best for now