How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 69210
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

In August 2019 I payed £399 to jaguar for cover of damaged

This answer was rated:

In August 2019 I payed £399 to jaguar for cover of damaged paintwork for three years.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: newcastle jaguar says I did not pay for this cover now after months of asking for a full refund and saying that I go to the small claims court they now acknowledge I did pay for this cover. I have received no email, or documentation. They have offered as a guested £140:00 I requested a full refund. They will not give a full refund. Can you advise
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just about to fill in the forms small claims court. Prior I I have sent email and phoned.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What is my legal rights

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

What have they based this offer on?

and what reason have they provided for not wanting to give you a full refund?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They say it’s for me to contact premier solution, which is the company which insured the policy. I have not had any contact with this company. And as jaguar dental of any payment being received from me. I have my bank statement as proof of payment

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. If you paid for the cover and were denied the opportunity to use it and were always told that no cover existed, you can indeed consider pursuing them for the full refund. As you cannot force them to pay you, they are correct that you have to take them to the Small Claims Court to try and recover the full amount. I am hopeful that once you submit a claim, they may reconsider their position and perhaps offer you a better settlement, or the full amount as it will cost them more to deal with the case. So for now all you can do is proceed with the claim, which you can do online through as it is cheaper that way than doing it through paper forms.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your advice, £5:00 well inverted if I need any further assistance I we’ll contact you. Derek Stafford

No worries and all the best for now

Ben Jones and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you