Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have a complaint about my scooter company all seasons

Customer Question

i have a complaint about my scooter company all seasons scooters i purchased a scooter back in march 2019 i was told that when the scooter is delivered i will have with it a spere tyre and tube a set of lights and workshop manuel i didnt receive any i phoned up in april to inform them that my rear hand brake was faulty the promised to look into it wich they havent done yet i have a rear light gone out faulty bulb i have contacted them many times but no good has come of it i have phoned many times and left voice message no responce what else can i do please john rowell
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: no i havent i live in newbury berks rg141nw and they are in liverpool
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: spoke with manager several times just promises still no response
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thankyou
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Can I just check, do you know if the company your purchased it from are still trading?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
yes they are
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i havent had my months trial yet y have i to pay 40
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Don’t worry about the pop-up mentioning a phone call – this is an automatic offer made by the system, giving you the opportunity to pay extra to discuss things over the phone. However, it is entirely optional and if you just ignore it and close it down you will not be charged extra and we will just continue in writing at no extra cost. I will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. Many thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience. When a consumer makes a purchase from a business seller, they have certain 'statutory' rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which states that the goods must be:

• of satisfactory quality – they must not be faulty or damaged when received
  • as described – they must match any description given at the time of purchase
  • fit for purpose – they should be fit for the purpose they are supplied for

If they do not meet the above requirements, you will have certain legal remedies against the seller. Any rights against the manufacturer will only be under a manufacturer’s warranty that came with the goods. Do note, however, that there is no protection against fair wear and tear, misuse or accidental damage.

The rights against the seller are:

1. Reject the goods and request a refund – this is known as the ‘short-term right to reject’ and must be done within 30 days of purchase or delivery.

2. Repair or replacement – this can be done within the initial 30 days, or after that if the consumer can no longer reject the goods for a refund. It is the consumer’s choice as to whether they opt for a repair or replacement. There is a ‘one shot chance at repair’, meaning that if a repair has failed, the goods can still be rejected for a refund, even after the initial 30 days have passed. Alternatively, if the consumer wants to keep them, they can ask for a price reduction, based on what is wrong with them.

Once a decision has been made on which option you would pursue, you must contact the seller and advise them. If they refuse to discharge their legal obligations under consumer laws, you should remind them of these as per the details above. If they still appear reluctant to assist, write to them one final time, warn them that they have 7 days to comply and inform them that if they fail to honour your statutory rights, you will have no choice but to report them to Trading Standards and start legal proceedings through the County Court to seek compensation.

Does this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No not really
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

SO what else would you like to know please - your rights are all discussed above?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am 71 YRS OLD I DONT WRITE LETTERS AS I WOULDNT KNOW HOW TO DO IT ALL I NEED IS A LETTER FROM YOU TO ALL SEASONS OR A PHONE CALL TO THEM BUT THEY DONT ALAYS ANSWER AND NEVER REPLIES TO MY VOICE MESSAGES
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

We are just a chat service that works online I'm afraid. We cannot be formally engaged to send letters on your behalf or call anyone. For that you need to officially instruct a solicitor but it won't be cheap

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Unsubscribe y u take £40 from my a account I want it back otherwise I will contact the fraud team as rbs
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 days ago.

please contact customer services for any membership queries