How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 37818
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am owed £1000 by a company that didn’t fulfil a contract

Customer Question

Hi, I am owed £1000 by a company that didn’t fulfil a contract and treated me so badly . I am taking them to small claims court but would like someone to defend me . Is this possible and how much ?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: West sussex
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we agreed on mediation before a hearing that the company changed their mind ...
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am about to submit my evidence to a hearing court
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 months ago.

Are you asking US to do this for you, as we are an online only service?

I can tell you where you an get representation if that helps?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I thought this was a uk site ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 months ago.

It is. The site is based in the USA but I am UK based.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oh great ! Can you call me on***********
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 months ago.

Yes, you need to request a call using the system though.