Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My husband and I are separated but married, he is abroad and

Customer Question

My husband and I are separated but married, he is abroad and stopped paying the mortgage therefore, the house has been repossessed by the bank. The house has been sold and the completion was today. The house is on his name only, will I get a portion of the sale?
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in England
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have not taken any steps
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, you would not automatically get a proportion but you will get a proportion of the sale proceeds as part of any financial separation should you divorce your husband. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.