INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Thank you. If i were to apply for and be granted an enhanced

Hello and thank you. If i were to apply for and be granted an enhanced dbs certificate would I be able to use it for police clearance, for instance to work on police station premises?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have applied for an enhanced dbs certificate so that I can work on school and hospital premises
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that's it thank you

Thank you for your query. You will find that most Government Sector employers will ask you to carry out a separate DBS Search.

Therefore, you would not be able to use one that has been carried out for another employer. If they do not ask you to carry out a separate search, you can provide the previous one.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your response. I didn't really explain my position in enough detail for your answer to be useful. I work in the telecommunications industry. I visit telecommunications sites all over England, Wales and Ireland on all kinds of different sites. Some of the sites are on schools which have restricted access unless I have an enhanced DBS certificate. Some of the sites are on police premises which require police clearance. Can I use the enhanced DBS certificate for both or would I need a separate certificate for police stations?

You should.be able to use the same certificate, however, you should check with your employer or the site you are visiting, to confirm this would be acceptable.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.