INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I don't know if you can help. I have fallen victim to a scam

I don't know if you can help. I have fallen victim to a scam from Ghana. Now the Ghana police are requesting £600 to arrest the culprit. I just wonder if this is yet another scam!
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: No, I haven't spoken to a lawyer. the Country is Ghana. I don't know whether I should simply cut my losses and forget about it all
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: A policeman from Ghana is in touch with me requesting £600 to do the required paperwork to have the culprit arrested!
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Thank you for your query. this sounds like a scam! The Police should not charge you to investigate a crime, therefore, unless they can provide you with Official documents stating this is normal practice, even then you should be extremely wary.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.