Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Several years ago my small child was sexually abused by a

Customer Question

Several years ago my small child was sexually abused by a then 8 year old. No action was taken by the police or social services because nobody believed him, and the perpetrator was under the age of 10. This happened in my home when the perp was having a play date with my other son. I have a big house so had no idea. Recently bith my boys have been speaking about it and I managed to record them. I shared this with family. Amd a few friends because I was so cross with the injustice of it all. Someone unknowingly to me posted it on.facebook. I have had a visit from a baby policeman (i forget what you call them) telling me I have broken the law. They dont intend to take it any further. Just curious tto know how someone else posting a video I took is illegal. That even sharing the confession is considered illegal.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk England
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I don't intend to take any steps. Just curious.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing i can think of
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 6 days ago.
Hi thank you for your message, I do not believe you have done anything that is illegal. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
According to the policeman this comes under electronic misdemeanor and can result in a fine, or being arrested. I have been given a formal warning and this has been put on record.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I cant afford to phone you.
Hi thank you for your message, it’s difficult for me to advise without knowing exactly what the offence has been recorded as but it sounds incorrect to me. You might wish to engage a solicitor to contact the police and dispute this because it sounds wrong. If you want to find a solicitor to assist with this process and represent you you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case criminal law. You can filter results by legal aid so you get free representation. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
When will you call?
Hi thank you for your message, I cannot call did you have a further query?