INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Looking for advice on how to find a solicitor that deal with

Customer Question

Hi, looking for advice on how to find a solicitor that deal with small claims court
Assistant: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: Not yet, need to check with car insurance tomorrow why ai have received the court paperwork, uk based
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Car accident in private car park. Exchanged details with driver. Insurance required information, sent this and photos and heard nothing. This was back in July 2019. Just received paperwork from court that the passenger was the driver and he is claiming damages and personal injury and there is no mention of the woman who was driving at the time.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to defend this claim if my insurance have washed their hands of it. There is no way he has suffered the injuries claimed from a small bump in a car park. I also believe we were both to blame for the incident 50/50, but he wasn’t the driver anyway it seems it is his car and he is claiming he was driving. I had a passenger too, of the 4 people involved he is the only one who was hurt. I dont think so! I don’t understand why the insurance company haven’t dealt with this, I will call them but I dont know what to do about the court paperwork
Expert:  INC Law replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your query. Have you contacted your insurance company and discussed the matter with them?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I plan to speak to them in the morning, just find it odd to receive the court paperwork and no mention of the insurance company.
Expert:  INC Law replied 15 days ago.

It does seem odd as they have not involved the insurance company.

I would suggest you report the matter to the insurers and request that they defend the matter on your behalf.

If they fail to do so, you would have to defend the claim yourself or using legal representative.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.