F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

For FES only” This is follow-up from the previous

For FES only”This is follow-up from the previous communications - https://my-secure.justanswer.co.uk/question/index/1b264fb7338d4a3c9ecf807bda776cf2During the court hearing for strike out I applied for., my partner advised the judge that my cross petition is based on lies. The judge told her that she would need to respond and state whether she choose to defend and pursue her own judicial separation.The judge also mentioned that if she defended the divorce cross petition, she could pursue her initial judicial separation and get a decree. She requested that the judge order I release the marriage certificate.The judge made 2 orders:
1. To honour the withdrawal of my strike out order
2. To have the marriage certificate with me, should there be any hearing in the future regarding this matterThe question is, can she really defend my cross petition; and on what grounds? I do not want a separation, I want divorce.I didn't respond to her judicial separation proceeding, I just apply for strike out based on the ground that there was a divorce petition abroad.What will be the best course of action to take from here?Thanks

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Put the question for the attention of FES initially, are there any issues that I need to know?

I haven’t seen the petition. I assume that you have petitioned on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour.

Regardless she’s going to have to convince the judge that what you have said is incorrect and if it’s your word against hers and she wants judicial separation but doesn’t want divorce, then she doesn’t have grounds to defend.

At present you just go along with the process. There is nothing for you to do it this stage.

F E Smith, Advocate
Experience: I have been practising for 30 years.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.