How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14464
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

For FES only” This is follow-up from the previous

This answer was rated:

For FES only”This is follow-up from the previous communications - the court hearing for strike out I applied for., my partner advised the judge that my cross petition is based on lies. The judge told her that she would need to respond and state whether she choose to defend and pursue her own judicial separation.The judge also mentioned that if she defended the divorce cross petition, she could pursue her initial judicial separation and get a decree. She requested that the judge order I release the marriage certificate.The judge made 2 orders:
1. To honour the withdrawal of my strike out order
2. To have the marriage certificate with me, should there be any hearing in the future regarding this matterThe question is, can she really defend my cross petition; and on what grounds? I do not want a separation, I want divorce.I didn't respond to her judicial separation proceeding, I just apply for strike out based on the ground that there was a divorce petition abroad.What will be the best course of action to take from here?Thanks

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 days ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Put the question for the attention of FES initially, are there any issues that I need to know?

I haven’t seen the petition. I assume that you have petitioned on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour.

Regardless she’s going to have to convince the judge that what you have said is incorrect and if it’s your word against hers and she wants judicial separation but doesn’t want divorce, then she doesn’t have grounds to defend.

At present you just go along with the process. There is nothing for you to do it this stage.

F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14464
Experience: I have been practising for 30 years.
F E Smith and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you.