INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I booked a service for a shooting for my acting showreel at

Customer Question

Hi there! I booked a service for a shooting for my acting showreel at the end of October and then I call in sick the day before and reschedule it...they specified in the invoice they sent me that the deposit is not refundable but they said we will reschedule it another day. I waited for almost two months because they said they didn't have time before. We decided to schedule it on the 18 th of January. Few days ago, I sent her an email to double check the time of the shooting for 18th of January and she informed me that THE PRICE WILL BE HIGHER because the January deal is different. She never ever specified that the price will be higher if we reschedule and I feel this is completely unfair. I deserve to re-schedule the shooting day with the amount of money we established from the beginning or have the full refund back. I let her know I am not happy and I will write a review about this and she started to send me few emails threatening me, telling me that the fact that I said that I'll write a review is horrid, that my comments were slanderous and she will sue me for blackmail and sander if I write anything negative on social media. She also said that she will sue me for loss of earnings which could amount to thousands claiming that my review will cost her work and possible clients.  To me this seems like an actual emotional blackmail. What should I do? I believe I have the right to free of speech and share my opinion about my experience with them.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: London, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing at the moment, but I can't sleep and I am don't feel comfortable with this situation at all
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I gave all the details above! Many thanks
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  INC Law replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your query. Would you still like assistance with this?

I see you have requested a telephone call. Would you still like this service?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi there,

Of course I still need assistance, I didn't get any answer yet...
Expert:  INC Law replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your query. Do you have a copy of the terms and conditions you may have signed?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I don't really have a contract, But this was written on the invoice she sent me
Expert:  INC Law replied 13 days ago.

This is in contravention of the consumer rights act. You should have the right to cancel.

I would suggest that you contact them and threaten reporting them to your local trading standards department. They will be based in your local council.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks