Jak Bowtell
Jak Bowtell, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons) (ling.) ( franc.) (UEA) ARAeS
106352453

Can I claim for damage to a holiday home, I liv in NR

Customer Question

Can I claim for damage to a holiday home
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I liv in NR Ireland as does the person who with her friends. They booked My house in Bundoran Donegal cost thousands of pounds. The house was booked forr
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have been to a Solicitor but he thinks I would not get anything although she had 22 people there and there were all on drugs. I am 80 yrs of age and she looked of the house saying it was beautiful and would look after it for me.. I have photos before and after. I lost heart and could not sleep after this. My family have had this property to let for 30 yrs and no one took a spoon from me lovely people. I had to cancel all bookings
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This happen 17th March 2019 and I closed the doors and never had the heart to let it again. I had repeates coming for 30 yrs.
Expert:  Jak Bowtell replied 7 months ago.

Hello there, I'm Jak and I can help you with this. I'm really sorry this happened to you. Can you let me know the damage caused and whether you kept a record of all damages and fees paid for repairs, cleanings etc? When did this happen? And can you confirm that this has caused you loss of earnings whilst any damage was being completed? On the face of it it does seem that you have a claim in tort, so I would be interested to hear why your solicitor thought you did not have a case.