How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7194
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a British citizen currently living and working in Saudi

Customer Question

Hello, good morning,
I am a British citizen currently living and working in Saudi Arabia. In August, I will be leaving and returning to either the UK or France. I then intend to work (as a midwife) possibly London or Norfolk.
I own a property in France but nothing in UK, and when working in the UK I will be initially looking to work full time then to ad hoc and agency.
I am considering buying a property in Norwich to let to students as an investment property. Do you know if it’s possible for me to arrange a mortgage before I leave Saudi Arabia? I have strong links to Norwich so not necessarily a buy to let, but eventually this is my plan.
I would appreciate any advice you could give.
Kind regards *****
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 months ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 6 months ago.

Hello Heather,

Yes, it is possible to do this from Saudi e.g. if you have a bank in Saudi which also operates in the UK (say HSBC) then the bank should be able to help.

Otherwise you may get in touch with a UK lender to discuss your situation whilst you are still in Saudi.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars