UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am a British citizen currently living and working in Saudi

Customer Question

Hello, good morning,
I am a British citizen currently living and working in Saudi Arabia. In August, I will be leaving and returning to either the UK or France. I then intend to work (as a midwife) possibly London or Norfolk.
I own a property in France but nothing in UK, and when working in the UK I will be initially looking to work full time then to ad hoc and agency.
I am considering buying a property in Norwich to let to students as an investment property. Do you know if it’s possible for me to arrange a mortgage before I leave Saudi Arabia? I have strong links to Norwich so not necessarily a buy to let, but eventually this is my plan.
I would appreciate any advice you could give.
Kind regards *****
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 7 days ago.

Hello Heather,

Yes, it is possible to do this from Saudi e.g. if you have a bank in Saudi which also operates in the UK (say HSBC) then the bank should be able to help.

Otherwise you may get in touch with a UK lender to discuss your situation whilst you are still in Saudi.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars