How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15151
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

My husband committed an adultery and wants to abandon/

Customer Question

Hi, my husband committed an adultery and wants to abandon/ divorce me. We are married for 27 years with 3 children. Can I sue my husband or the lady or both for the compensation for damage and distress?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 months ago.


Thank you for your query. Unfortunately, you cannot sue either of them for emotional distress, however, if you were looking to Divorce, Adultery would be one reason.

Further, you would be entitled to at least 50% of the matrimonial assets.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks