INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My husband committed an adultery and wants to abandon/

Customer Question

Hi, my husband committed an adultery and wants to abandon/ divorce me. We are married for 27 years with 3 children. Can I sue my husband or the lady or both for the compensation for damage and distress?
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your query. Unfortunately, you cannot sue either of them for emotional distress, however, if you were looking to Divorce, Adultery would be one reason.

Further, you would be entitled to at least 50% of the matrimonial assets.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.