12826847

Sold a damaged laptop with 2 year warranty as a

Customer Question

sold a damaged laptop with 2 year warranty as a demonstration item but placed great difficulty in way of repairs. Major faults were notified before end of warranty period but remedy of equivolent machine/repair rejected by them. They said it was beyond economic repair and offered cost plus technicians reports. I claimed additional personal expenses but then said I would forgo those and accept their otherwise conditional offer. They agreed but then said they required the machine back for the first time. I had arranged a major repair within the budget and told them this was not a condition. They are not now replying
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Correspondence as above and opinion of Which?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Thanks
Expert:  Jak Bowtell replied 6 months ago.

Hi there, I’m Jak and I can help you with this. Can you tell me what year the laptop was purchased in pleased?